Essential Job Functions
- Registers patients for procedures, verifies accuracy of insurance information, collects payments
- Works directly with patients and their families.
- Answer phones.
- Maintains as confidential all observed or acquired information regarding the patient, the patient’s history, surgical procedure, and perioperative experience. Maintains inter-staff communication as confidential.
- Assists in the collection of data for continuing quality improvement.
- Performs other duties assigned.
- Back-up Relief for Receptionist/Admit clerk in other areas.
- High School Diploma or GED required. Post-secondary education preferred.
- Use of knowledge of medical terminology.
- Able to work independently with minimal direct supervision.
- Dependable and customer service oriented.
- Previous healthcare experience preferred.
- Use of interpersonal communication techniques.
- Computer skills with emphasis on healthcare systems.
- Organization and time management without direct order.
- Knowledge of team building and dynamics.
- Physical movements include sitting, reaching, bending, stooping and stretching.
- Able to lift a minimum of 15 lbs.
Benefits are included with this position.
For consideration, please submit an application or resume with cover letter to HR@spechosp.com. No calls or walk-ins please. You may also fax your submission to 1-866-243-5592.
Specialists Hospital is an equal opportunity employer.