Duties and Responsibilities:
- Will be on call, to assist the deli staff when other employees are unable to work. Deli is open Monday-Friday from 7 am – 3 pm.
- Will be available twice monthly to deli during regular business hours (7 am – 3pm) to complete inventory checks and deli organization.
- Provides customer service in the deli department: greets customers, advises on deli merchandise and processes orders.
- Performs various food handling activities including preparing deli food.
- Maintains proper sanitation of the deli department, including the sales area, backroom and coolers, according to industry and organizational standards.
- Operates sales systems, collects payments and obtains signatures when necessary
- Responds and attends to customer requests in the deli department.
- Responsible for various duties including preparing deli food items, wrapping deli products.
- Has knowledge of proper food handling procedures and government regulations regarding food codes.
- Has knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field.
- Relies on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job.
- Works under immediate supervision.
- Operate all food preparation machines and equipment.
- Receive, unload and stock the food items.
- Ensure that facility is maintained neat, clean and safe
- Is familiar and can perform open close procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
High School Diploma or GED
Must have basic computer skills.
No benefits are available for this position.
For consideration, please submit an application or resume with cover letter to HR@spechosp.com. You can find our application on our website at http://specialistshospitalshreveport.com/specialists-hospital/employment/ You may also fax your submission to 1-866-243-5592.
Specialists Hospital is an equal opportunity employer.