Essential Job Functions
- Retrieve and interpret medication orders; perform pharmaceutical calculations, taking into account patient and drug characteristics.
- Receive written prescription or refill requests and verify that information is complete and accurate.
- Prepack bulk medicines, fill bottles with prescribed medications, and type and affix labels.
- Answer telephones, responding to questions or requests.
- Maintain proper storage and security conditions for drugs.
- Assist customers by answering simple questions, locating items, or referring them to the pharmacist for medication information.
- Pull discontinued or expired medications from stock and patient areas/discard or return to stock as appropriate, complete corresponding documentation.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED Required.
- Pharmacy Technician certificate required.
- 0-2 years of related experience.
- Use of interpersonal communication techniques.
- Computer skills with emphasis in Microsoft Office Programs.
- CPSI knowledge a plus.
- Organization and time management without direct order.
- Knowledge of team building and dynamics.
- Ability to pick up a minimum of 20 lbs. of pharmacy supplies and equipment.
For consideration, please submit a resume with cover letter to HR@spechosp.com or via fax to 1-866-243-5592.
Specialists Hospital is an equal employment opportunity employer.