- Performs intra-operative imaging to assist in surgery and pain management.
- Prepares trays for pain management utilizing sterile technique.
- Prepares patients for radiologic procedures. Takes x-rays following established procedures for patient care and safety.
- Ensures hospital personnel are adequately protected from radiation.
- Answers phone requests for x-rays to be pulled, picked up or sent to another doctor.
- Retrieves x-rays from PACS to assist in surgery.
- Logs radiologic procedures completed.
- Ensures fluoroscopy time is documented.
- Stocks supplies and insures all equipment is in working order.
- Cleans working area and equipment.
- Direce interaction with patients and family members, nursing peers, physicians as well as other departmental staff.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- To be considered, applicants must:
- Be a graduate of an accredited radiologic technological program.
- Maintain continuing education credits in radiologic program.
- Registered by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists.
- Licensed by the Louisiana State Radiologic Technology Board of Examiners.
- Current CPR & BLS provider.
- Professional organization membership encouraged.
- Must be physically able to perform CPR & BLS.
Extensive standing, moderated sitting, lifting up to 16 pounds may need to transfer patients up to 150 pounds, stooping, reaching, mobile patient devices & direct patient transfer with assistance.
Benefits are not included with this position.
For consideration, please submit an application or resume with cover letter to HR@spechosp.com. No calls or walk-ins please. You may also fax your submission to 1-866-243-5592.
Specialists Hospital is an equal employment opportunity employer.