- Administer local, inhalation, intravenous, and other anesthetics.
- Assess the needs of individuals, families and/or communities, including assessment of individuals’ home and/or work environments to identify potential health or safety problems.
- Consult and coordinate with health care team members to assess, plan, implement and evaluate patient care plans.
- Consult with institutions or associations regarding issues and concerns relevant to the practice and profession of nursing.
- Direct and coordinate infection control programs, advising and consulting with specified personnel about necessary precautions.
- Direct and supervise less skilled nursing/health care personnel, or supervise a particular unit on one shift.
- Engage in research activities related to nursing.
- Instruct individuals, families and other groups on topics such as health education, disease prevention and develop health improvement programs.
- Maintain accurate, detailed reports and records.
- Modify patient treatment plans as indicated by patients’ responses and conditions.
- Monitor all aspects of patient care, including diet and physical activity.
- Monitor, record and report symptoms and changes in patients’ conditions.
- Observe nurses and visit patients to ensure that proper nursing care is provided.
- Prepare patients for, and assist with, examinations and treatments.
- Prepare rooms, sterile instruments, equipment and supplies, and ensure that stock of supplies is maintained.
- Record patients’ medical information and vital signs.
- Refer students or patients to specialized health resources or community agencies furnishing assistance.
- Work with individuals, groups, and families to plan and implement programs designed to improve the overall health of communities.
- Completes other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience: Associate or Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing
License, Certificate or Registration: Current LA State Licensure
Experience: 2 years
Benefits are included with this position.
For consideration, please submit an application or resume with cover letter to HR@spechosp.com. No calls or walk-ins please. You may also fax your submission to 1-866-243-5592.
Specialists Hospital is an equal opportunity employer.