Notice of Charges/ Common Procedures
You have reached the FEDERALLY REQUIRED section of our website that contains the charges (list prices) for the most common services we provide within our facility. While we provide this information to comply with federal regulations, healthcare billing is complex. It is extremely important for you, as the consumer, to understand that standard charges may not be a relevant starting point for estimating what costs you may incur during an episode of care, and the amount actually paid by a patient will depend on that patient’s insurance coverage, policy provisions and other factors. Everyone’s case is different based on that patient’s medical condition.
The charges (list price) displayed only include the hospital charges effective 1/1/2019 and do not account for medical complications or include charges that are billed separately by the physician, surgeon, anesthesiologist, lab, pathologists or other professional fees. Furthermore, the actual amount paid by a patient will depend on that patient’s insurance coverage, as benefit plans vary greatly.
IF YOU HAVE COMMERCIAL INSURANCE:
- Contact your insurance company to understand all of the factors affecting your financial responsibility.
- Numerous factors, such as type of plan, co-pay, co-insurance, deductible, out-of-pocket maximums, provider network and other limitations, will affect your financial responsibility to a hospital.
- The charges reflected on this site do not include any negotiated discounts between your insurance company and the hospital
IF YOU HAVE MEDICARE:
- Medicare has many different parts, and not everyone has the same type of Medicare coverage. Medicare will pay for many of your healthcare expenses but not all of them.
- Special rules apply if you have employer group health insurance coverage through your job or a spouse’s job.
- If you have a supplemental health insurance policy, it may cover some costs that Medicare does not cover.
- The best way to be sure of what your Medicare plan covers is to call 1-800-MEDICARE, or visit the website at mymedicare.gov.
IF YOU HAVE MEDICAID:
- Contact your local Medicaid office at 1-888-544-7996, or visit the Louisiana Department of Health to determine all the factors affecting your financial responsibility.
- Generally, Medicaid recipients are not responsible for any portion of the bill.
IF YOU ARE UNINSURED:
- Please contact us at 318-213-3900 and ask for Patient Financial Services (Business Office) and ask about our payment policies.
- As required by the Affordable Care Act (ACA), hospitals have a written financial assistance policy that includes eligibility criteria, the basis for calculating charges and the method for applying for financial assistance in case of hardship.
- Contact our Patient Financial Services Department at 318-213-3900 to determine if you meet the criteria for financial assistance.
Good Faith Effort
Specialists Hospital Shreveport will make a ‘good faith effort’ to ensure the standard charge information displayed in the MRF is true, accurate, and complete.
You can view the Specialists Hospital Shreveport price list by clicking the following links: