Our therapists are highly trained and have experience working with numerous orthopedic and musculoskeletal dysfunctions. Therapists work closely with all physicians in order to provide a continuum of care and wellness model for our patients.
Our new 13,000 square foot facility offers the latest technology in therapeutic exercises to meet the specific needs and goals of our patients.
Specialists Hospital is Shreveport’s only facility offering the Graston Technique®. This innovative therapy can reduce the need for medications, shorten recovery time, and help to relieve chronic as well as acute conditions. The Graston Technique® incorporates a patented form of instrument-assisted soft tissue mobilization that enables clinicians to effectively detect and treat scar tissue and restrictions that affect normal function. The Technique:
- Separates and breaks down collagen cross-links, and splays and stretches connective tissue and muscle fibers increases skin temperature.
- Facilitates reflex changes in the chronic muscle holding pattern.
- Alters spinal reflux activity (facilitated segment).
- Increases the rate and amount of blood flow to and from the area.
- Increases Cellular activity in the region, including fibroblasts and mast cells.
- Increases histamine response secondary to mast cell activity.